Local Offer

Please click a question below to reveal the answer

Teaching and Learning

Q1. What additional support can be provided in the classroom?

A TA is an additional member of staff who works under the direction of the teacher. In our school TA’S work in small groups to reinforce vocabulary,numeracy concepts and writing. Sometimes TA’S are used to do intervention groups that will help with Numeracy,Literacy and social skills. We have a team of who work across the school. We have volunteers that come in as well to listen to reading.

Q2. What provision do you offer to facilitate access to the curriculum and to develop independent learning? (This may include support from external agencies and equipment/facilities)

All our teachers are required to plan lessons that all children can access. They do this by using assessments to understand each child's starting point and to plan the next step for them. If a child has a barrier to learning, the teacher takes this into account and makes adjustments to overcome it. Sometimes teachers need help to do this so they may work with another TA or teacher who is more expert in the subject being taught or they may ask the school's SEN Co-ordinator (SENCO). 

  • The SENCO may carry out additional assessments to find out more about the child's learning difficulties .
  • We sometimes ask for advice from other specialists, such as Educational Psychologists, Speech and Language Therapists .
  • We have a Speech Therapist that comes to the school from SRFT.
  •  We record the strategies we are using in a child’s one page profile.
  • Some children need particular pieces of equipment to help them work and learn more independently. In our school we have:
  • A range of different types of pens, pencils and grips to help with handwriting.
  • A workstation will be set up for children that need it.
  • Children have acess to a writing slope that need it.
  • We have sets of coloured overlays that help some children see text more clearly.
  • Wobble cushions are used to help better sitting.

The school is on two levels and has a facility of a lift.

Q3. Staff specialisms/expertise around SEN or disability

The SENCO is an experienced teacher and has taught for many years. The SENCO IS DOING THE national Award for SEN Qualification which is a masters in SEN. The TA’S go on training to familiarise themselves with Aspergers,Autism ,Dyscalulia and Dyslexia.

Elklan traines teachers and TA.

Q4. What ongoing support and development is in place for staff regards supporting children and young people with SEN?

  • Dyslexic Training
  • Autism Training
  • Phonics and Guided reading
  • ADHD training
  • Multi sensory Training
  • Sensory Training
  • Fine and Gross motor training


Q5. What arrangements are made for reasonable adjustments in the curriculum and support to the pupil during exams?

The children that have SEN issues are given extra time in SATS.

Some children work in a smaller room with less children during exam time.

Q6. How do you share educational progress and outcomes with parents?

Parents Evening twice a year.

Review meetings on IEP termly.

EYFS Playplan termly.

School reports.

Meet with parents if any other further issues need to be discussed.

Annual Reviews held once a year for Statemented children.

Q7. What external teaching and learning do you offer?


Q8. What arrangements are in place to ensure that support is maintained in "off site provision"?


Q9. What work experience opportunities do you offer?



Annual Reviews

Q1. What arrangements are in place for review meetings for children with Statements or Education, Health and Care (ECH) Plans?

  • Parents of childrenwho have an EHCP know a review happens once a year.
  • Parents will be sent a letter to inform them of the review date.
  • The Agencies involved with the child will be told of the annual review date as well.
  • Parents and teacher will fill in a form relating to the child and the child will complete MY STORY.
  • The child will fill in a form as well what they think of themselves.

All teachers ,Key Stage head,Headteacher,SENCO and any outside agencies will be present at the meeting.

Q2. What arrangements are in place for children with other SEN support needs?

There are intervention groups for literacy and numeracy and phonics.

Learning support on a 1:1 basis in the afternoon.


Keeping Children Safe

Q1. What handover arrangements will be made at the start and the end of the school day? Do you have parking areas for pick up and drop offs?

Parents drop off children in the morning and pick up children in the hall in the afternoon.

Q2. What support is offered during breaks and lunchtimes?

Breaktimes there is ‘playground pals’ for children to play with the other children.

At lunchtime there is the dinner staff and the welfare staff to look after the children .

Q3. How do you ensure my son/daughter stays safe outside the classroom? (e.g. during PE lessons and school trips)

The teacher during PE will be there at all times to ensure the children are safe.

If an incident occurs a first aid member will be called.

If an incident occurs the ambulance service will be called.

School trips are in line with Salfords Policy and a risk assessment is done for all school trips.

Q4. What are the school arrangements for undertaking risk assessments?

All in line with Salfords policy.

Q5.Where can parents find details of policies on bullying?

On the website.



Health (Including Emotional Health and Wellbeing)

Q1. What is the school's policy on administering medication?

All medication is kept in the office.

The office will only dispense medication with a written instruction from the parent.

Q2. How do you work with the family to draw up a care plan and ensure that all relevant staff are aware of the plan?

A meeting will be held with parents ,SENCO ,school nurse and any other professionals involved.

This information will then be shared with any other members of staff involved.

The care plan will be drawn up by the SENCO every half term.

Parents are consulted if any care plans are changed.

Equally parents come to school to meet with SENCO if they feel the care plan needs adjusting.

Staff are trained by the school nurse or diabetes etc if they have children they are directly involved with.

Q3. What would the school do in case of a medical emergency?

Qualified first Aiders to assist where possible.

Hatzollah Ambulance service will be called to the school.

First Aiders have been trained on how to use  a defribalator .


Q4. How do you ensure that staff are trained/qualified to deal with a child's particular needs?

School nurse will come to school to train relevant staff on issues for a child they are teaching eg diabetes.

Child protection training every 3 years.

SENCO and Child Protect Officer trained on CAF completion.

Q5. Which health or therapy services can children access on school premises?

SALT every second week.




Communication with Parents

Q1. How do you ensure that parents know "who's who" and who they can contact if they have concerns about their child/young person?

If parents have a SEN issue the parents know to contact the SENCO in the first instance.


Q2. Do parents have to make an appointment to meet with staff or door you have an Open Door policy?

Parents have to make an appointment with the school so as to avoid the routine of the school.

In KS1 the parents have an opportunity to meet with parents on a daily basis.

Q3. How do you keep parents updated with their child/young person's progress?

Parents Evening twice a year.

School report.

One Page Profiles

Playplans termly


Reward cards

Phone calls not for only bad but for good as well.

Q4. Do you offer open days?


Q5. How can parents give feedback to the school?

Phone calls to the SENCO or the specific teacher involved.



Regular meetings




Working Together

Q1. Do you have home/school contracts?


Q2. What opportunities do you have for pupils to have their say? e.g. school council

Lunch Times 

School Meals

Q3. What opportunities are there for parents to have their say about their son/daughter's education?

Have a meeting with the child’s class teacher and the SENCO.

Q4. What opportunities are there for parents to get involved in the school or become school governors?

To be able to stand for a parent governor.


Q5. How does the Governing Body involve other agencies in meeting the needs of pupils with SEN and supporting their families? (e.g. health, social care, voluntary groups)

The SEN governor will be in contact with the Local Authority if any need arises.

Q1. Do you offer help in completing forms and paperwork? If yes, who normally provides this help and how would parents access this?

SENCO would meet with parents to help and complete any paperwork that is required.

Close links with Parent Partnership who also support parents.

Q2. What information, advice and guidance can parents and young people access through the school? Who normally provides their help and how would they access this?

  • Through the schools Local Offer and SEND information report.

Q3. How does the school help parents with travel plans to get their son/daughter to and from school?


Q1. What support does the school offer for year 6 pupils coming into the school? (e.g. visits to the school, buddying)

  • Children will have taster days at the Secondary schools.
  • Transition days.
  • Children will visit the secondary school a few times to ensure a smooth transition.

Q2. What support is offered for young people leaving the school?

  • Children will have taster days at the Secondary schools.
  • Visits to High School
  • Transistion and a photo book.

Q3. What advice/support do you offer young people and their parents about preparing for adulthood?


Q1. Do you offer school holiday and/or before and after school provision? If yes, please give details.

  • Before schoolclub from 8.00 am
  • After school club from 3.30pm to 5pm.

Gym Club in the morning.

Q2. What lunchtime or after school activities do you offer? Do parents have to pay for these and if so, how much?

Playground Pals.

Q3. How do you make sure clubs, activities and residential trips are inclusive?

  • For residential trips the parents will meet with staff going on the trip.
  • Risk assessment done for residential trips. To ensure no ones health and safety will be compromised.
  • Clubs make sure all children are doing a club.

Q4. How do you help children and young people to make friends?

Social groups 

Lego Club (infancy Stage)



Click here for the Local Offer Glossary